FWS-Basic [Old Ver.]
The Flexible Wavelength Selector utilizes TwinFilm™ technology to deliver the tunable wavelength filtering characteristics of a grating monochromator together with the circular aperture imaging capabilities of a bandpass filter.
The Flexible Wavelength Selector Basic (FWS-Basic) is a manually tunable filter that features three knurled knobs – two for adjusting the center wavelength and the transmission bandwidth and one for compensating the beam direction offset.
For more information about compatibility please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note : For the optimal performance of Wavelength Selectors, the incident light should be collimated.
/ Key Product Advantages
- Broad wavelength tuning
- Smoothly adjustable bandwidth (FWHM 3 - 16 nm, nominal)
- Circular uniform aperture (10 mm)
- Compact rugged optomechanical package
- High (10-6) out of band rejection
/ Optical Specifications
- Transmission: > 75% (in proportion to the input light power / FWHM > 10 nm)
- Wavelength tuning range: ~ 100 nm
- FWHM: 2 - 16 nm
- Out-of-band blocking : OD 6 (0.0001 % Transmission)
- Cut-on transition width: 2 - 3 % (from blocking to transmission)
- Cut-off transition width: 2 - 3 % (from transmission to blocking)
/ General Specifications
- Dimensions: 40 mm x 76 mm x 40 mm
- Aperture size : 10 mm
Broadband Wavelength and Adjustable Bandwidth
The broadband range of the wavelength and the transmission bandwidth can be adjustable by manual control.
Simple Manual Adjustment
Separate knobs enable independent manual setting of both the center wavelength and the transmission bandwidth. (Gear 1:1)
Compact collinear geometry simplifies integration into microscopes,
telescopes and cameras and other common photonic instruments.
High Out-of-band Rejection
High (10-6) out of band rejection avoids unwanted spectral leakage
and associated background noise typical of liquid crystal based filtering systems.